Thursday, September 3, 2009

Today's Zen iPod Moment

It's not really today's zen iPod moment, but I keep meaning to include these in my training recaps and obviously keep forgetting. Guess I'm just too caught up in the zen of it all.

Anyhow, when I train I like to listen to my iPod. For training, the mix is basically rock (classic and hard), rap and hip hop. A little country, a few new wave, some pop.

On two separate days this week, Billy Joel's "Pressure" came on, which has this lyric:
You have to learn to pace yourself.... PRESSURE.

Which I thought was appropriate, since I was working on finding a good running pace.

On another run, Stevie Wonder came on with "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." That one has:
I've done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean, didn't I?

When you've decided you really are going to train to complete a marathon, that just about says it all, doesn't it?

Thus ends today's (but not really) zen iPod moment.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment