Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hoping this link will work: See the giant angry beaver bite a man in half!

This is off topic for running, but I had to post it.  Actually, maybe it's not off topic.  Here, I'll explain.

I hate spiders.  Hate hate hate.  They spin traps for me every day, trying to catch me as I move around my house.  Just this morning, there was no web outside my front door when I came in from my run.  Thirty minutes later, I leave the house and walk through a web.  Bastards!

There is this gigantic spider hanging out on my rosemary plant in the backyard.  It has a huge bulbous body.  I've suspected this body contains many baby spiders, that it will soon lay its eggs and then I will have many, many spiders to replace all the ones I've killed over the year.  Yes, I know they are beneficial, yadda yadda yadda.  If they stay away from around or inside my house, they can live.  Otherwise, it's cake or death and we're out of cake.

Lately I've started to wonder if maybe it's not really full of baby spiders but is some sort of poisonous spider like a brown recluse.  So, I was googling pictures of spiders (which is creeping me out, by the way) and on one of the websites there is this hilarious ad for Duluth Trading Co. Fire Hose Work Pants.  Apparently their slogan is "Tougher Than An Angry Beaver's Teeth."  And, y'all, there is the funniest little animated cartoon ad for these pants.  You have to see it.  I can't find it on their website, so I'm hoping it is embedded in this page for a common garden spider (which I think I have, but I don't care -- it's still dying tonight) so that you can see it too.  Definitely watch it with sound!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment