Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 26: I'd like new legs please. Bionic legs.

Almost through the end of Week 4, one-fifth of the way through the 20 week training program.  Wow.  I need a nap.  And a massage.  Or maybe a masseuse. 

Hmm.  Maybe I will get a massage this weekend.  At the moment, that sounds fabulous.

It was butt-ass cold this morning.  At 7:30 a.m. when I got back to the house, the temp read 56 degrees.  56 degrees!!!  No wonder I was cold.  I could not get my muscles completely warmed up, particularly at my hips.  I guess I'll be shopping for some running tights soon.  Maybe ones with a built-in masseuse.  (there's a visual)

While I am running around and around and around los trackos, I think of all these things I want to write about.  Which I promptly forget when I sit down to write the day's entry.  Let's see.  Cold, cold, cold.  A few other crazy people on the track when I got there.  More cold.  I did a smidge over four miles this morning.  I calculate I should have gotten in at least another quarter of a mile, but did I mention it was cold?  Four miles right now isn't actually too bad.  I was worrying about the upcoming increases in mileage and how I would ever get up even earlier than I am now to log those miles but now I'm certain I'll be able to do it in the same amount of time.  I know I'm getting faster every time I'm out.  Or maybe that's going farther?  Either way, I'm usually walking less and running more.  More so when my legs don't feel like meat popsicles.

Yesterday I signed up for my first 10K.  It is put on by a new running group in the area.  I did their inaugural run in the earlier in the year which actually was the worst race I've ever had.  It was cold, I didn't have my inhaler, and I just could not get my rhythm.  I'd like some redemption.  Plus I like the course and I'm scheduled to run six miles on that day anyhow so it seemed perfect.  They had a beautiful tech tee last time, but the women's sizes ran INCREDIBLY small.  Like I could win any wet t-shirt contest I enter if I wore that thing.  If I would wear it in public ever again.  I ordered a size larger this time.  Here's hoping, because I could really use another good tech tee. 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention:  I officially have 100 miles logged into my Nike+.  Yay for me!  I wish I could put the Nike+ Mini widget on here, but so far the code isn't supported by Blogger.  Too bad, because now that I've hit 100 miles I get to pimp my Mini. 

Tomorrow is a rest day, so I'm looking forward to an evening filled with new TV.  My legs are rejoicing at the thought.  Saturday I'll be back out at the Springwater Corridor Trail.  I might take CBS dog with me.  And then maybe a massage.  For me, not the dog.

Stay strong, keep running (or whatever blows up your skirt),
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. I do use Active and Race Center NW...I just wish there was one place for eveyrthing Oh well.

    I ALWAYS seem to pick the wrong size for my race T's. Thanks for dropping in on my Blog. I have a Socks Giveaway going on if you are interested..

    Hey get some warm clothes :)

    ReplyDelete