Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 25: Do these legs make my ass look fat?

Good morning and welcome to Day 25. 

Do you know who is up at 5:30 in the morning?  Me, that's who.  Fifty minute run on the training schedule this morning, so between that and the ten minute walk each way to get to the track, I had to leave the house shortly after 6:00 a.m. to have enough time to run and hopefully eat something before I had to get ready for work.

Actually, I was up before 5:30.  I woke up from a disturbing dream that left me with a huge knot of tension in my left shoulder and an overwhelming urge to kick my ex-boyfriend in the 'nads.  I was hoping it was more like 2:30 in the morning because I was in pain and exhausted, but about ten minutes later alarm 1 went off.  Gah.  I got up and got some Advil and then used the foam roller on my shoulder.  There is no good way to use the foam roller on your shoulder laying down so I had to prop myself up against the wall.  It worked pretty well plus I could doze.  I started to think about how I did not want to run this morning, then it occurred to me that what I really did not want to do was run (a) with a sore shoulder and (b) in the dark.  I got the shoulder squared away, more or less, and figured it would be getting lighter about 15 minutes after I got to the track.  Plus odds were somebody else (not an axe murderer) would be at the track.

So off I went.  I got out of the house on time.  It really is frickin DARK at that time of the morning.  Makes me look forward to training later in the fall, but let's not think about that now.  Not even the crows were out that early.  There were however two other crazy people at the track so I wasn't alone, although I kept my headphones pretty low in volume until it really got light.  I did much better than the last time I ran; I think I ran a mile less in the same amount of time when I was out on Sunday.  Yay for me!   I kept thinking that I got up this freakin' early to run, dammit, so run; hence the better mileage.  My legs are achy now.  But I'll be up at o'dark thirty again tomorrow to do it all over again.  I think I even get to do it for five minutes less.  Something to look forward to!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment