Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tra la la! It's Halloween!

Before my butt goes completely numb from typing this from the couch, I've got a few pics of my moose self to post.




Here I am.  While I'm not too bad from the front, you can still discern some of my problem areas:  chub around my knees, big thighs, moose arms, and a ferret stowaway around my middle.



From the side, the thighs look better but there is some booty toning that needs to happen, plus my definite ferret stowaway problem.  Oh, and those gigantic arms. 

I took my measurements today and I have lost a few inches since I last took them.  The measurements, that is.  My last measurements were on October 7.  Since then, assuming I measured in more or less the same manner this time, I have lost one inch each from my bust, waist, and hips.  I also lost 1 1/2 inches from my thighs and half an inch from my moo calves.  Yay me!  Let's go get a pizza to celebrate!  ;)



Around December 1996ish, I bought these jeans.  They are a size 12, but from 1996 so I'd say today they would equate to a 10 (stupid vanity sizing).  I bought these jeans because at the time I was close to fitting into them.  I have never fit into them since.  I've come close a few times, but not even enough to zip. 



Wow, I hope I'm not standing up straight in this picture because otherwise there is some new weird crap going on with my spine.  Anyhow, you can see that these are pretty much mom jeans with that high waist.  I don't really plan on ever wearing them out.  But I do plan to fit into them.  In fact, I plan to fit all the way out of them, as in I will be too small to wear them rather than the other way around.  The main issue in the jean arena is my ferret stowaway, aka my belly chub.



Here I am trying to hold the belly chub in.  While I gain weight absolutely evenly all over (even my toes get the chub), I am what would be considered an apple -- I have much of my extra weight in my tummy area.  

I believe I am standing up straight in this picture.  I had to kind of lean back a bit to take these side view pics.

So, to sum up, it's been nice to see that something positive is happening.  I'd be happier if I had measurements to compare from August and September, when I was actively training; since my injury I haven't run much in October.  I can't tell if I've lost muscle from not running or gotten toned from running.  Oh well, plenty of time between now and May to figure it out.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.  It's not raining and I am going to be heading out soon for a dose of puppy love and to chauffeur my friend to the bookstore (she had minor surgery earlier this week and isn't mobile enough to drive).  And it's Halloween!  My favorite holiday.  I saw a trick or treater on my way home from work last night.  Thankfully they didn't come to my door, because I may have felt compelled to point out that before Halloween it's not trick or treating, it's just begging. 

Spooky cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments: