Sunday, October 11, 2009

Holding pattern: A day to watch other athletes

I'm getting a little bored without running, although ironically (no, I may not be using that term correctly and I don't care) I realized that I've only missed one run since this injury.  Yesterday would have been a beautiful, albeit a bit chilly and windy, to run.  Next week, the really crappy weather descends.  I predict my leg will be perfectly fine just in time for all of that.

I was on it a bit much yesterday, but two rounds of ice in the evening took away the swelling.  Today it is a little tight but no pain.  We'll see how it goes; I'll be walking around a bit downtown later this morning as it is the first performance for my ballet season tickets.  I got the very cheapest ones they had ($54 for their four performances during the season) as an early birthday present to myself.  Yes, if you are keeping count I probably have got myself two or three early birthday presents already.  There probably will be more.  I love October.  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing these athletes perform.  I don't think I've been to a live ballet since I was a kid.

Before that, it is a special breakfast of real coffee with real cream and sugar and biscuits (homemade courtesy of Pillsbury) with honey.  I predict I will be bouncing off the walls later today.  Which is almost like running, yeah?

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment