Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 33: Chip has disappointed me yet again. How very like a man.

The spoken feedback in my Nike+iPod is still not working properly.  I thought Chip had come back to me; he told me to walk around to active my sensor, he let me know I was beginning my work out (Chip can be quite obvious sometimes), he told me when I paused and resumed my workout (again, Chip=obvious).  But no interval updates, and no one minute-you're done! notice.  The bastard.  When I got back from my run (which went okay; had to walk twice because my calf was starting to cramp severely but I did a smidge over 5K) I googled the issue and found out several users have the same problem.  It seems to be related to the last few iTunes updates.  There doesn't seem to be a fix for it, but I did some of the things that were suggested that worked for a few folks and we'll see.  I really would rather not do a 90-minute run on Saturday without Chip.  I've come to rely mentally on his updates.  Even if they are obvious.

In other news, I have a new follower!  Hello to Lori-Ann the Amazon Runner!  She has a fabulous blog, so please scoot on over there right now (well, after you finish my blog) and check it out.  I promise, you will be hooked.  Seriously, I had to put down all food and drink while I was reading it, lest something choke me or shoot out my nose since I was laughing so hard (and so frequently).

With my calf ache I am very happy that tomorrow is a rest day and I can sleep in a bit.  I've been doing very well mentally with the early weekday hours; whenever I catch myself saying "but I don't want to go run" at o'dark thirty, I remind myself that I do want to run.  I don't want to get up early and go out in the cold and damp and dark, but I want to run and that's what it is going to take to do that.  And then I get up.  Yay me.

In yet other news, I think I've decided on my marathon.  More on that, and what went into the decision, by the weekend.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment