Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Save the Ta Tas!

Today, we're going to talk about the ta tas.
 


You know the ta tas, right?


The boobies. 


Gazongas.


Jugs.


Melons.


Boobs.  Tits.  Headlights.  Dinner plates. 


Bazooms.  Fun bags.  Bosoms.  Hooters.  Knockers.  Lovely lady lumps.  Torpedoes. 



High beams.  The girls.  The twins.  Sweater puppies.  Chesticles.  Breastage.  The pointer sisters.



Breasts.

I had my first mammogram yesterday.  Due to my rather large amount of breastage and having recently turned 40 with a history of breast cancer on my mom's side, my doctor recommended I start having mammograms this year.  Since I also have a friend younger than me who has gone through breast cancer twice, I felt it was in my best interest to do it.

It really wasn't that bad.


There was the odd positioning and definite squishing, of course.  But it was for five seconds, tops.  I mean, between getting a full mouth set of x-rays at the dentist and the mammogram?  I'd choose a mammogram every single frickin' time.

I have a really small mouth and the x-ray films hurt.  Having large breasts make it a bit easier to get a mammogram.   And you can always pull the damn teeth.  I have plenty to spare.


Not so with the breasts.  I have two and that's all I get.  And as much as I'm not always all that fond of having humongous ta tas, they are pretty bodacious. 

I'd really like to keep them. 


After all.  Some day, somebody else is going to appreciate the hell out of them. 

Aside from non-melanoma skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States.  Your genes may predispose you to breast cancer, but with monthly self exams and regular exams by your doctor, breast cancer can be caught and treated early.  Do yourself a favor and give them a good squeeze on a regular basis.   The girls are beautiful in all their shapes and sizes.  Let's keep them healthy.


Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

4 comments:

  1. Great post!


    .... since I'm lacking in this area does that mean it's gonna hurt like a total bitch when I have to have one?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tech said that girls with smaller girls are subject to much more pulling and pushing and adjusting -- they have to get the breast tissue under your arms and at the chest wall. Mine were basically all "whomp! here you go!" and I could see where smaller breasted women would have a much harder time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Check YOU out!! I am so happy all went well and it was a relatively 'easy' experience for you...it's never fun having your breastages/twins/girls mashed that way...but it sure beats the alternative!!

    And hell yeah...I feel sorry for my smaller sisters. I have significant breastage also (and fought DAMN hard to keep as much of it as I could!) and can imagine how much it SUCKS when you have more petite norks (there's one euphemism you didn't have!) to be squeezed and crammed and squished.

    I am lucky I now have a special mammogram in a honking big expensive machine that I don't need to be squished for...who says there ain't a silver lining!! ;o)

    PS - so which photo above is yours??

    ReplyDelete