Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 2010 Recap

I went back and dug up my goals for 2010.  Funny, some I had completely forgotten that I had made into a goal.  Overall, I did pretty good. 

Here are my goals for 2010, and how I did.

1. Do the marathon training.

Success!  My back flared up fairly early on, then I injured my calf/tendon in some weird way towards the end but working around those two things I did do the training. 

2. Do the marathon. Don't die.

Success!  But you probably knew that, since otherwise I would be dead and not typing.  Although I do have this weird craving for brains.....

3. Use the crap I've bought before buying new crap.

Ehhhhhh.....  Kind of.  I still don't know anything but the basics with the dSLR and I haven't used the printer all that much, but then again I didn't buy any new crap either.  I didn't buy any new fitness and nutrition books either. 

4. Try five new vegetables.

Not sure if I met this goal or not.  I definitely tried four new veggies:  kale, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and rutabaga.  The trick comes with the fifth; I can't remember if I tried butternut squash in late 2009 or in early 2010.  I think it was the former, and then work craziness left me eating no veggies whatsoever for about two months.  Okay, that's an exaggeration but it was very nearly true.  I think I made a great effort though.

5. Eat healthy and responsibly.

Ehhh......  When I had the time I did fairly well.  When I didn't, I did extremely lousy.  I started to slide in November because of work, then it all went wonky in December.  I did paleo for 30 days and felt great when I did.  My acid reflux flared up in a huge way when my eating habits went horrible.  I'd say I managed this goal for nine months and change worth out of the 12. 

6. Make some new girlfriends. (Or guyfriends, I'm not picky, I'm just a hermit.)

Early on in 2010 I thought I had done this, then they turned out to not really be friends after all.  Ultimately, no great loss.  But late in 2010 I met a new friend through Jack Sh*t's blog and I am looking forward to building that friendship. 

7. Go for a run with strangers.

Success!  It was fun to do the weekend long runs in the morning and then have brunch afterwards.

8. Go camping.

Success!  I forgot I made this one a goal.  Me and the dogs went camping and had fun, but it was somewhat tiring to be responsible for every little thing for the three of us.  And we went in the middle of a heat wave.  Nice at night, but not conducive to the daytime naps I enjoy when I go camping. 

9. Race all the distances: 5K, 8K, 10K, 15K, half marathon, and marathon.

Success!  The 10K was hard to fit in, but I managed it. 

10. Get a new tattoo.

Another goal I had forgotten I made.  I know what I want to get and where, but when I was ready to get it I was lacking in the funds to do it.  Maybe this year.

11. Keep track of the books I read in 2010.

Once again I petered out in April.  Oh well!

I'll be back soon with my goals for 2011, once I figure out what they will be.  And I have an announcement to make as well.  Here's a hint:  I'll be making a couple of repeat goals from 2010. 

Until then, cheers!
the CilleyGirl

5 comments:

  1. looking forward to hearing your new goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, are you a zombie now?? You could be the first zombie I sort of almost know! If there is a different reason you are craving brains ... don't tell me!!

    Okay, girls are so hard to be friends with!! However, I have found that since trying to be a runner I've found running gals to be so cool and nice! I was very pleasantly surprised. Trying to be a runner in a non-runner's body had me wondering if I would be welcomed or not. I can't believe that I actually do feel like I belong finally!

    That is so cool that you did all the race distances! That's one I doubt I'll ever even toy with since 26.2 just seems like too much. Of course I originally only wanted to go for a 5K and now I have 5 halfs in 2011. So who knows??


    OKAY .... so ......

    In a little while I think you should swoop over to my blog. I think you will be excited with what you find over there!! Give me like 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pssst... I'm done with my blog post.... I'd check this link if I were you!

    http://littlefruitfly.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-silly-this-is-it-is-giftcard-winner.html

    ReplyDelete