Wednesday, January 5, 2011

....And we're back!

Happy new year everyone!  I am back and ready to get this year started!

But first, let's recap 2010, shall we?
  • I worked 246.95 hours of overtime in 2010.  That is almost six weeks worth of extra work.  Ack!
  • I took 13 vacation days and had five sick days.  At least two of those sick days were for a back injury.
  • I ran 413 miles, give or take, in 2010.  Including 26.2 miles at the Eugene Marathon.  Most of those miles were between January and May. 
When I look back on 2010, mostly I remember being tired.  Wonder why that was? 

2011 is off to a great start, although so far I'm still really tired.  I've already worked 10.75 hours of overtime.  That was just on January 1 and January 2.   I also did the midnight first run 5K on New Year's Day and pulled in one of my best times yet -- 39 minutes and change.   Pretty good considering (a) it was midnight and I'd just worked 54 hours that week, (b) it was freezing, and (c) I couldn't feel my feet for the first 2K.  Got home at 3:00 a.m., caught a few hours of sleep, then I went back and ran another 5K at 10:00 a.m.  Not one of my best times for that one, I pretty much walked the whole thing, but I did it. 

I will be back later to figure out what goals I met for 2010 and I still need to determine what I want to do with 2011.  Oh, and I need to decide if that includes another marathon!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the back to back racing! I raced at midnight and if I had lived where the race was I probably would have done the morning one as well. As it is I got home at 2:45am, no way could I have been back up and racing at 9am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to back runs to break in 2011? I love it.

    I think it is a sign that as I am typing this I just got an e-mail from Eugene Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing the back to back was just nuts! We took the train downtown and both ways had delays, so I didn't get into bed until 3:30 a.m., only to be back up again barely five hours later. I had absolutely nothing left in the tank to do the second run. I'll definitely do the back to back runs again if my work schedule allows it; now I know how to get the most out of it!

    ReplyDelete