Monday, January 17, 2011

"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."

The above is one of my favorite quotes, and so true.  Whenever I find myself in a funk, I think of that and it helps snap me out of it.  Because no one really cares if I'm in a bad mood.  In other words, don't worry; be happy.

Yeah, whatever.

Anyhow.  After dragging my carcass into the office following a mostly sleepless night punctuated by bizarre dreams (cannibals and whether blood will wash out of my white dog's fur) and said white dog not wanting to jump off of or back into the bed, I come in to find out my boss -- after being back from ten days in Hawaii for a whole TWO DAYS has taken today off. 

So, no point in being in a bad mood because he's not here to take it out on.  But still, a day off?  Really?  Apparently he went into full-on grump mood when I was off on Friday.  My co-worker stopped him from calling me at home to re-confirm with me what they'd already confirmed a half dozen times which didn't even need confirming in the first place.  Dude, it is a given (not to mention THE LAW) that if a legal deadline falls on a weekend or a holiday then it bumps to the next business day.  It even said this ON THE FORM HE WAS LOOKING AT.  Le sigh

Moving on.  I paid bills last night and had some money left over so I signed up for a couple of races:  Fanconi Anemia 8K in February, Shamrock 15K in March, and the Cinco de Mayo half marathon in May.  There is one more I want to sign up for in April, the Spring Burst 5K on my nemesis course in Cook Park, but registration was not yet open.  I figure one race a month between now and the marathon should keep me on track (so to speak) and not bankrupt me. 

I'm a little concerned about my white dog, CBS.  She's taken to sort of randomly sitting down/half falling over or falling over all the way, then kind of going "how did I get here?"  I think her hip or her knee is giving way suddenly.  It's odd.  It's a little bit like a narcoleptic but without the sleep part.  Maybe she has an ear thing and is losing her balance.  Hmmm.  I've been ready for a couple of years now that I'm going to lose my dogs sooner rather than later.  Just as long as they're not in pain....  I'm in process of setting up vet appointments to update their shots anyhow.  We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with the vets and your little dog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, I hope your adorable doggie is okay and just having a little bout of something non-serious. My Lady would act funny after day trips to the Coast. She wouldn't walk anywhere. She would just drag her body along and not really move. Turns out I think she is just really out of shape and not used to all the hiking she does at the ocean. She runs around like crazy there - probably all of that adrenaline - and then crashes at home.

    I'm so happy you are doing the Shamrock! Meet up Meet up Meet up!!!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete