Why did I decide to try for my first marathon six months before my 40th birthday? Without any tequila in the house whatsoever??
I must have been on drugs then too.
I have started to put together my to-do list for this weekend. It goes something like this:
- Clean the bathroom.
- Clean out the den so Mom has somewhere to sleep.
- Charge up air pump for the aero bed so Mom has something to sleep on.
- Shampoo all the dog fur and various dog carnage out of the living room carpet.
- Hide all contraband in the house from Mom.
- Get Gu and Hammergels.
- Get Endurolytes.
- Check iPod.
- Complete pre-race sushi ritual.
- Check stockpile of sports drink and granola bars and replenish if necessary.
- Teach Mom how to use smartphone.
- Remind Mom how to use smartphone.
- Write out instructions for Mom on how to use smartphone.
- Write out explicit instructions for Mom on how to use smartphone.
- Write out explicit instructions with diagrams and pictures for Mom on how to use smartphone.