Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apparently it's not just me....

....but all the world's Scorpios that are angry these days.  To wit, today's horoscope:
You're not exactly happy with the way recent events have turned out, and you're not in the mood to pretend that you are. Fortunately, you won't have to for very long. Almost everyone can see you're aggravated, and those responsible know exactly how angry you are -- and don't bother you any further. Your only problem now will be what to do about the folks who aren't bright enough to figure it out.
Heh.  Maybe Mercury is up Uranus or something.  (thank you!  try the veal!)

Thanks to everyone who listened to my little rant yesterday, and who has been putting up with me recently.  My mom votes for upping my meds, but I think it's just a bad case of a version of senioritis. 

I did go for a run after work last night, but I only made it three miles thanks to some serious leg cramps.  As I was running (or waddling, since my legs were like tree trunks with no bendy spots), it occurred to me that my swollen hands during and post-race, aching calves, and now major leg cramps might all be related.  I had previously consulted world-renowned sports medicine guru Dr. Google as well as his close associate Coach Google and had come to the conclusion that my swollen hands were a result of overhydrating during the race but not taking in enough electrolytes, resulting in an electrolyte imbalance.  What didn't occur to me until yesterday evening as I was trying to distract myself from the screaming pain in my legs is that I might still have an electrolyte imbalance, hence the tight calves that wouldn't stretch out and, of course, the screaming pain in my legs as I tried to run. 

I was seriously like a wooden penguin.  My calves distracted me from the extreme tightness in my quads, which I discovered as I walked to the track last night.  I could barely bend my knees, they were so tight. 

So now I'm mainlining powerade and bananas.  My legs feel a lot better, and they more or less bend like they should.  More or less.  I'm still kind of puffy all over, I'll be sticking with powerade for a bit longer (or until I drink it all).

I am proud of the fact that I did run the entire three miles, wooden penguin legs or no.  Very, very slowly, even for me, but I did run.  This weekend's long run should be interesting.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment