Friday, April 30, 2010

One more day to Eugene!

By the way, in case you're wondering about my counting on all of this, "one more day" in this instance is Saturday as we're already in Friday and then Sunday is the race.  If it doesn't make sense, I blame it all on the stats counter and my liberal arts degree.

Got the carpet carnage all cleaned up, bills all paid, dishes all done, rugs all washed.  CilleyMom will be arriving in a couple of hours and then we're going to get pre-race pedicures (I'm thinking some sort of green polish in honor of Eugene), hit the grocery store and the running store, then off for some sort of pasta for me and CilleyMom wants garlic shrimp. 

Tomorrow will be planning and packing and then driving on down to Eugene so you probably won't hear from me until after the race.  From my hospital bed.  Thanks again to everyone for their well wishes (and their concern for my probable drug problem -- I actually rarely keep strong meds in the house because of a family history of addiction and because I will take them if they are here), I owe some of you a personal response and I will get to it!  Know that I've answered you very eloquently in my head; it's just that pesky typing it out part that is slowing me down.  Where are the Tommyknockers when you need them?

I'm off to either mow the yard or clean the bathroom.  Or both.  And there's still a shower in my future.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend :)

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I found you via Tall Mom's High Fives yesterday. I'm doing Eugene as my first marathon as well! GOOD LUCK :) :)

    ReplyDelete