Saturday, December 5, 2009

November goals recap; December goals maybe?

I'm finally getting around to recapping my November goals.  Good thing I didn't have a goal to timely recap my goals, eh?  Onward!

Goal: Keep a food diary. 

PASS!  There were times this was hard to do, but only because of the limitations of the food diary software.  I ended up having to input a lot of items, which took more time than the task in general should have.  I've switched programs now, and the new one seems to be a much better system. 
Goal: Aim for 2000 to 2100 calories a day. 

PASS!  My average calorie intake for the month of November was 2124.  My average expenditure was 2676.  Based on that, the program says I should have lost 4.4 lbs.  I didn't.  I lost 1.6 lbs.  That's okay.

Goal: No fast food drive throughs, with the exception of McDonald's breakfasts (but only on a day I have already done a run) and Taco Bell (but only on bellydance nights).

FAIL!  Bah.  Fighting flu-like symptoms, I willingly went to Burger King on November 15, although being sick I would have ordered the same had I gone inside.  I did do Taco Bell on non-dance nights, but I also didn't go to Taco Bell on three dance nights because I didn't go to class.  I also did at least one other drive-thru adventure right around the last day of November.  That involved a pre-migraine situation.  No excuses, though; it's probably a big part of why I didn't lose more weight in November.  But my clothes do fit pretty well lately. 

What's up for December?

With that pesky migraine, I've taken a few days off between monthly goals.  The stress at work is piling on, leaving me with little time to set up for good choices if that makes sense -- it's been tough to grocery shop, to prepare meals.  I also don't want to add to my stress by setting goals that I'm about 99% certain I will fail at.  So I think I'll be a bit poopy and do this for my December goals, starting on December 7:

Goal:  Keep a food diary.

Reason:  It's keeping me accountable.  I also don't beat myself up as badly when I can see exactly the extent of the damage I did, rather than figuring that I ate a billion calories and I'm a loser.  With a food diary, I can see that I only ate half a billion calories.  Depending on the day, I may or may not subsequently still feel like a loser ;)
Goal:  Consume no more than 2500 calories a day. 

Reason:  2500 is supposed to be the maintenance level, what I burn by existing.  I won't lose any weight, but I shouldn't gain any weight either.   My intent is to still aim for 2000 to 2100 calories per day, but again not put any extra stress on myself. 

Goal:  Run five times between December 7 and December 31.

Reason:  Sleep and things like bathing, laundry, etc., have been winning in the choice between that and the gym.  But I need to burn off some stress and stay in shape; real marathon training starts in just over a month.  I don't want to lose what progress I've made over the past few months.  I plan to run more than five times this month, but this is a workable goal that will still require I expend some effort to meet. 

Well, that should do it for now.  Stay tuned for more Kracked Kristmas Karols!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment