Friday, December 25, 2009

Guess where I am?? Can you guess? Can you????

Although maybe you should guess where I'm not:  I. Am. Not. At. Work.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty-five days of work in a row is draining.  It was nice to get up this morning and know I didn't have to be clock watching so that I could make it into the office early enough in the day.  I didn't even take a shower until nearly 4:00 p.m., and it was also nice knowing I could get right back into my sweats and not have to put on a bra (among other clothes) and head out to the office.

Sigh.  It's the little pleasures in life.  Because I do have to go back in tomorrow through New Year's Eve.  Again, though, little pleasures:  This year, we can't work until midnight on New Year's Eve because all of the post offices will be closed by then.  Although that means I'll be working like a monkey on crack between now and then, I may get to go home at a decent hour on New Year's Eve.  In time to go home, pass out, and not go back into work for three whole days. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.  CBS and I got up at 10:30 a.m. and decided to stay up.  I had them fed and watered and the first load of laundry in the wash and opened all my presents by ten after eleven.  It was a good Christmas here at the Cilleyhouse. 

I even got a Christmas wish.  The main reason we got up at 10:30 a.m. and didn't sleep until at least noon, as per the original plan, was that my back was sore.  For about the first 20 minutes I was up this morning, I had to keep sitting back down because of my back.  The last time, I sat down and said "I'm too old for this."  Then I immediately shook my head and said, "No, I'm too young for this."  I looked at the unopened presents I had just moved to the coffee table and said, "It would be nice if one of you would let me buy a new mattress."  Because that's why I think my back has been giving me fits for the past several months; I need a new mattress.  My box spring is one I bought in 1995.  I have no idea how old the mattress is.  When I was living with my ex-boyfriend, he had a nicer mattress so we put his mattress on my box spring.  When we split up, it was easier for him to take my mattress and his box spring from the storage unit and we just never swapped back.  I do know it has to be more than six years old.

But back to my Christmas wish:  One of the presents will enable me to buy a new mattress set.  And enable me to replace my old laptop that has been limping along for at least a year and a cell phone (my old one won't hold a charge anymore) and maybe a printer (so I can finally print photos) and to put aside some money for Eugene and have a little bit left over.  It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders this morning. 

I can't let go of all of it quite yet; I still need to get through December at work.  But I feel like 2010 will be the turning point for me.  I'm glad for the new friends I've made, in life and in cyberspace, and that you'll be coming along with me on my journey.

Happy holidays!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment