Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 72, where the last half-mile is a pain

My alarm went off at o'dark thirty this morning, and in not-so-short order I decided to skip my run.  Then five minutes later I caved in, got up and went.  I knew I needed to find out how my knee was.  And the knee was great!  Hit that great stride, keeping up a great pace, nothing really hurting at all... until the last half-mile when my Achilles went "Hey!  I'm here!"  Bad enough that I had to stop running and start walking.  A few steps, it felt okay, I ran a little more and then "Hey!  Still here!"  Stop.  Walk.  Start to run again.  Repeat.  So now I've got a sore Achilles and a slightly swollen lower leg.  I can sort of Rest it here at work, can't really Ice or Elevate it comfortably, so I'm Compressing the hell out of it.  Luckily I have slippers stashed in my office because my foot won't fit into even my flip flops with the ace bandage on. 

And I almost ran my five miles in under one hour.   Stupid leg.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment