Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 51: Is "sexual napalm" a compliment or an insult?

I mean, I know that Chicken of the Sea is tuna and not chicken, but this whole "sexual napalm" thing has me confused. 

Hmm.  Anyway.

I did go get some new sneaks last night at Fit Right Northwest.  After having such a great first fitting last year with them, last night was a letdown.  Maybe he was ready to go home for the day, I don't know, but I had to prod him to sell me some new shoes.  At first, he was all, "Well, the wear pattern on your current shoes is perfect, I don't think you need to switch."  And I'm responding that my shoes don't feel supportive enough in long distances.  Back and forth for about 15 minutes, he's telling me that aches are typical for runners (yeah, no shit, but shoes do help with that, genius), he finally checks out my gait and agrees that I do need a more supportive shoe. 

So I ended up with a pair of Brooks something or rathers, which I'll try out tonight.  Tonight, because I didn't get up for the gym AGAIN.  Bah.  I just don't have good reasoning skills at o'dark thirty.  Here's what usually comes up:

It's early.
It's dark too.
I'm tired.
I'm really, really tired.
And my _______ hurts.
I need more sleep.
I can run after work.
I'm really, really, really tired.
And sore.

And then I go back to bed.  When I get up later, I really wish I had gotten up to run because I really don't want to go after work.  Like tonight.  But I also don't want to go tomorrow morning, because that will have me running three mornings in a row. 

Here's what I need to have set in my mind:

It's early.


Yes, it is.  Your point?  That's what I thought.  Now it's later.  GET UP AND GO RUN.
It's dark too.

Again with the not-so-pointy point.  And look on the bright side (ha!) -- it is getting lighter earlier.  You get to see the sunrise!  GET UP AND GO RUN.
I'm tired.

You've been tired since you were seven.  Running will leave you feeling energized, with more energy all day long.  GET UP AND GO RUN.
I'm really, really tired.

You'll sleep when you're dead.  Which will be in exactly two months if you don't keep up with your training.  And you can sleep in on Saturday and maybe even Sunday too!  If you make all your morning workouts this week, that is.  GET UP AND GO RUN.

And my _______ hurts.

Again, what else is new?  Tell me the last time something didn't hurt.  Go ahead, I'll wait.  Yeah, that's what I thought.  Remember that once you're up for a few minutes it stops hurting as much as your muscles wake up for the day.  And hey, if it starts to hurt worse, you can stop.  GET UP AND GO RUN.

I need more sleep.

Probably.  But you can go to bed early tonight.  Yes, it is annoying to be in bed by 9:00 p.m.  It's only for another eight weeks.  And then you'll be dead.  And well-rested.  Looking.  Well-rested looking.  Remember how well-rested Uncle Bill looked?  They even gave him a nice little flannel blankie to lie under.  He looked well-rested.  Although I bet he would've given anything to GET UP AND GO RUN.  And not be dead and all.

I can run after work.

You can.  But you know you don't want to.  Won't want to.  Plus there's a significant risk of a Burger King incident immediately thereafter.  Your arteries are weeping at the very thought.  And remember how much more enjoyable running is when you're still mostly asleep.  It's like a dream.  A torturous running dream.  As opposed to being fully awake for it in the evening.  And exhausted.  Even more so than you are now.  GET UP AND GO RUN.

I'm really, really, really tired.

Blah blah blah.  I'm not even listening to you anymore.  GET UP AND GO RUN.

And sore.

GET UP AND GO RUN.

Yes, the mind of a CilleyGirl is somewhat frightening at o'dark thirty.  I need to get up and go run.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. Hope the new shoes work out for you! I have all those excuses too :-)

    ReplyDelete