Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 30: Boobs on the ground!

Thankfully, I never have this problem.  I believe in taking very good care of the girls.  So the boobies, they don't tap me on the knee when I am running.  This is why I wear steel-belted brassieres.  From Maidenform's new Radial line. 
Boobs on the ground

Boobs on the ground
Runnin' like a fool with your boobs on the ground


With the age comin' on ya
Skin all loose-like
Boobs hit the ground
Call yourself a young cat
Runnin' like a fool
Headin' downtown with your boobs on the ground


Get 'em up, hey!
Get your boobs off the ground
Runnin' like a fool
Ain't no fun in runnin' with your boobs on the ground.

Get 'em up, hey!
Get your boobs off the ground
Runnin' like a fool with your pants on the ground


Aw, just kidding. 

I was thinking about the bounce issue recently, thinking about how not only is bounce reduced by my running bra but I also run at the gym in fairly form-fitting tech tees.  As you may know, I have the breastage of at least a size large shirt but the rest of me is a medium.  It's a fine line between shirts where you can see my heartbeat and shirts where I look 50 lbs heavier.  I realized that it's thanks to bellydancing class that I became comfortable in snugger workout gear.  I used to always work out in a baggy shirt, but in bellydance you need to be able to see your hips and waist so you need to wear something form fitting.  After just a couple of classes I got very comfortable doing that.  I even did a couple of races (in public!!  with spectators!!) wearing a tank top.  A snug tank top.  That's huge change for me. 

There's this woman who is often walking while I am running and she is always in this huge sweatshirt.  And it's hot up there.  Really, really hot on that track.  I always want to tell her to fly and be free and let the girls breathe.  Oh well.  I also see a lot of women running outdoors with the spandex running tights and then shorts over those.  Why?  If you're wearing the shorts for the extra pockets, that's cool.  But otherwise?  Just giggle while you jiggle.  Before, I was always pulling my baggy shirt out of the way, or pulling up my sweats.  With my workout clothes now, I can concentrate on just my body. 

I really had no point with all of that, other than to do the boobs on the ground! song.  Thanks for coming along for the ride.

My bum is feeling MUCH better today.  I took Alisa's advice and got together some piriformis stretching exercises that I did last night before a couple of rounds of the heating pad and that seems to have made a HUGE difference.  (Thanks Alisa!)  I do still have some hip pain, though -- it's in the front side of the hip bone, about where the elastic from your undies would be, and about just that wide too.  I got some stretches for that area as well, which have helped.  The first half mile this morning was agony, and then suddenly my hip felt fine.  I'm going to keep up with both sets of stretches as a preventative measure.  I've also been trying to move around a little more at work to keep the hip flexible.  So far, so good!

I've set a goal with my Nike+ to run under an 11:30 average mile five times by a certain date.  I don't actually remember the date, because I set this goal after meeting another goal that I had no idea I'd made in the first place.  I went to download my Nike+ one day and it congratulates me on meeting this goal, something about running one more day a week for five times than I had been previously.  I have no idea quite how that got set as a goal in the first place.  It's kind of creepy when your tech starts doing things like that.  As though we're just a bit, baud and a byte away from Skynet taking over.  Anyhow, I wasn't quite there this morning but I will keep working on it.

And keep my boobs off the ground!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe how lucky I was one day in TK Maxx... (I don't often go in there because their biggest size is a 12, normally!) I found Shock Absorber bras in MY SIZE ONLY - UK 40G/US 40I - and no other size! They were reduced down from £30 to £5 so I bought 3 of them. Ok, they flatten my boobs against my chest, but there is no bounce whatsoever! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one here sold through Title IX that is called something like the last resort bra. Thing is like a flak jacket, with about 30 of those little hooks all up the front. I couldn't even get myself squished in there (at least, not without some serious pain).

    ReplyDelete