Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 12: Planning to blow off a workout.

Well, "blow off" might be a little bit strong.  Let me explain. 

Last night I did in fact go to the gym and get my four miles in.  The good news is that the sore foot was only a little bit sore.  The not so good news is that everything else hurt.  Bah!  Maybe not everything else, but my left leg was kind of one big cramp.  Why?  I have no freakin idea.  Just once, I'd like to run and have nothing hurt.  Does that actually happen for people?  The no-pain part, I mean.  It must, otherwise why would anyone ever run?  Unless I've fallen into a secret club of masochists.  Remember my junior high PE teacher, the infamous Mr. H, that could be.

Anyhow, I did run.  And I already knew at the time that if I ran that Thursday night that I was not likely to run Friday morning.  And I was okay with that.  The Gazelle had a great post yesterday on the topic of skipping workouts.  It helped me not beat myself up quite so much.  And at the bottom of it all was the knowledge that I would have rather ran Thursday and potentially swapped my run from Friday to Saturday, instead of the alternative of not running Thursday and then having to run Friday, Saturday and my long run on Sunday.  I knew with the latter, odds were extremely high that I wouldn't do it.  Now, I really would prefer to go run now, after work, rather than tomorrow, but that's a 50-50 prospect right now.  Either way, I'm good.  It is kind of peacefully quiet at the gym on Friday nights, almost as good as the early mornings.  Maybe I will go.  Then I could go get that mani-pedi tomorrow that I've been wanting...

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment