Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday: Ten tons of shit in a five-pound bag

Yes, you read that right.

Ugh, this office remodel SUCKS.  The guy whose bright idea all of this was is getting a little torked off at me because I basically keep telling him that it (and, by extension, he) sucks.  Apparently I forgot the "passive" part of my passive-aggressive wardrobe this week.

Am I being too hard on this guy, too unreasonable?  Well, let me put it this way.  If you are remodeling an office building and you remove all of the office parts of it to replace them with nonfunctional crap, are you successful in the office remodeling business?  Because I'm going to go with NO. 

Imagine that you have an average sized house.  Say, 2,000 square feet.  Imagine that someone comes to you and says, I will make you most beautiful kitchen in the world.  Would you then expect that kitchen to have more than one drawer and one cupboard and more than twelve inches of counterspace? 

It's like he got a checklist of what we needed and responded as follows:

Us: We need more file storage space.
Him:  Let me cut your existing file storage space by at least half.

Us:  We need more light to work by.
Him:  Let me paint the walls an extremely dark color and replace all the light fixtures with much smaller ones that have less wattage.

Us:  We need this remodel to be as unobtrusive as possible.
Him:  Let me make sure the workers show up at random times when no one is ready for them.  Let me also make sure they do stuff like cover all the electrical outlets with baseboard so that you can no longer plug anything in.  Let me also make sure it will all take more than twice as long to do all this so that you can't really work while it's going on.

My boss:  Great!
Us:  Assholes!!!

You may think that I am exaggerating and I'm really not.  The work for my own office space was supposed to take two days.  That was a week ago.  Still not done.

The remodel guy was just in here.  "We're almost done!"  He won't talk to me anymore.  So at least one thing is going right ;)

I should sic the kitty on him....


Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. How annoying!!! Your boss is not my friend since he(??) - (it has to be a he, right?? I mean this sounds He-ish) is supporting this whole disaster. Ugh. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this your entry I have even noticed some new information which I haven’t known before. Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting post and I will be waiting for other great news from you in the nearest future.

    ReplyDelete