The next exciting adventure I am contemplating would involve tempo runs and speedwork. I currently have a Nike+iPod. I think I can swing that for tempo runs (just run faster and check my pace a lot), but I'm not sure how to effectively do speedwork without something like a Garmin. Something that will give me real time feedback as to whether I'm meeting the pace I'm supposed to be meeting, that kind of thing.
So, my questions to you are:
- Should I get something like a Garmin?
- Will it do what I want it to do -- i.e., I can put in I want to do 400 meters at a 4:00 minute pace and it will yell at me to speed up or slow down, all the while registering how far I've gone overall through several rounds of this?
- Should I get a Garmin specifically?
- What make/model, accessories, yadda yadda yadda should I get?
- Do these things work indoors?
- Do I need to spend another chunk of money to get a foodpod that will allow it to work indoors?
- Any one have big breasts and wear a heart rate monitor?
- How do those two (three?) all get along?
- Suggestions on where to buy from?
- Anyone traded up recently who wants to sell their old Garmin or Garmin-like device?
My penguin impression has gotten better (or worse, depending on your perspective) so I'm off to the chiropractor to get all pretzeled up. Then I'm off to home for two days of hopefully very little being asked of me. And lots and lots of rest with a dog who smiles in her sleep.