Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Birthday Countdown!

In exactly one week it will be my birthday!


For the first time in a very long time, I am planning a birthday dinner for myself for next weekend.  Usually my friend S just drags me out to buy me dinner. 

It's somewhat of a challenge to arrange this dinner as some of my potential guests have different dietary needs/desires.  Sushi appears to be definitely out.  At least two are vegetarian so that precludes a juicy steak dinner.  At least one is a dedicated carnivore like myself, although he's fairly strictly meat and potatoes whereas I'm slightly more adventurous.  And then of course there is me, the birthday girl.  Having my own dietary quirks I am sensitive to those in others.  But I'm still going to eat at a place where I really want to eat.

Dinner is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 29 at the Raccoon Lodge in Beaverton.  If there are any readers in the area who want to come help me celebrate let me know and I will send you an invite when I firm up my plans. 

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say... it is YOUR birthday! Screw those picky eaters and choose what YOU like. Wait .. um, but I don't like this, this, this or this. This isn't about me?? ;)

    I'm googling the Raccoon Lodge now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled - it looks like a cute, cozy, fun place! And they have tater tots!!!

    ReplyDelete