Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Raise your hand if you remembered it's Tuesday!

I keep forgetting it's not Monday.

I had a nice long holiday weekend.  I slept.  I ran.  I slept again.

When your body is healing, it wants to sleep.  I finally got up shortly before two in the afternoon on Saturday.  Although for an hour or so before that I was awake and half snoozing with the kittens.  In between their escapades.  Their latest fun thing to do is steal my watch.  I ate a little bit -- more on my still-weird appetite below -- and listened to the last hours of my audiobook, watched some Brit crime drama.... and fell back asleep on the couch for nearly two hours.  Heal, heal, heal.

Sunday I had to be up early to log 15 miles.  I headed out to the Fanno Creek trail and did an out and back for seven, then I got to run the last eight with Michelle from This Princess Runs!  We've been threatening to run together for a while now and on Sunday the stars more or less aligned.  (There was a bit of an alarm clock snafu.)   We were matched really well pace-wise, and Michelle got her Princess on while I was definitely a CilleyGirl.  I had to ease up a bit in the last couple miles as it was warming up outside plus I am still having a persistent tightness in my right calf.  Hopefully it's just the muscle being pesky and not a problem of something like a stress fracture where the muscle attaches to the bone.  It's far enough back in the smack dab middle of the meat of the calf muscle that I'm thinking it's just a big knot.  We wrapped up our run with a great breakfast at the chinese place. 

Monday I only slept in until around ten but then got up to do a whole lot of nothing.  Mostly reading as I have some library books due.  I don't even think I took a shower.  The most productive thing I did all day was make some rice spaghetti and meat sauce for my lunch for the next few days.

Which I forgot I put a container of on top of my car this morning and drove away with it still there.  I bet it made a spectacular splash on the street.  Thankfully it was in a plastic container and not a nice dish.  I had pizza instead.

So, my appetite is still all wonky.  Only a few things -- like sushi and pizza -- appeal to me these days.  Then I get full really quickly, only to feel somewhat hungry again about an hour later.  I wonder if part of it is a change in my sense of taste and smell.  Spicy stuff sounds good, like wasabi, as does salty stuff, like BBQ potato chips.  It seems like things taste the same.  But why am I not hungry, or rather why am I just not very interested in food?  I sat yesterday for a couple of hours thinking about what to have for lunch this week.  Nothing came to mind.  Well, except for sushi but my pocketbook can't handle that.  Finally pasta sounded somewhat appealing.  Or London Broil, some sort of flavorful and rare thin sliced beef.   Chinese BBQ pork.  Mostly I've had interest in just meat.  Veggies?  Nope.  Fruit?  Nope.  I swear, I'm going to get scurvy. 

Maybe I need to find a few things that are appealing -- that include veggies and fruit -- and start grazing throughout the day.  I can eat until I'm full, which doesn't take much these days, and have more food waiting for later so that I don't feel like I have to force myself to eat everything on my plate. 

Now I just need to figure out what sounds good.  And then not leave it on top of my car.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing these issues? 

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment: