1. Well, I no longer get to whine about how I think I'm sick. I am now officially sick. Went to the allergist, nearly inhaled a breathing testing tube by accident, left with samples and a sheaf of prescriptions.
2. It's a combo of a sinus infection on top of allergies on top of a cold. Isn't that fun? No wonder I feel like roadkill. I'm looking forward to starting the antibiotics and prednisone tonight. I know some people are anti-drug but I've been suffering through this for more than two months. Bring on the pharmaceuticals!
3. The kittens continue to grow. For only four and a half months old, Rudy is huge.
4. My mom phoned me last night right after I'd kicked the kitties out of my room and gotten into bed. Once the light was back on and they heard me talking, they started body slamming the door. For about 20 minutes. They could have just been wrestling outside my door and smashing into by accident except that within minutes after my alarm going off this morning they started doing it again. Little whackos.
5. They love it when I plug the sink and fill it with a few inches of water. They drink forever. I need to take a picture; it's kittens of the sinkengeti. When I was in the shower the day before last, I must have put too much water in the sink because once they drank their fill somebody decided it was time to play. The whole bottom half of my mirror is one big water spot. And this morning they discovered the joy of running away with the end of the toilet paper in their mouth.
6. Julie and I got together and ran naked yesterday morning. I think we did about 3.5 miles. Sadly the sun was not out like it has been so I couldn't fully show off the beauty of Summerlake Park. But it was still pretty. Although the park is only a quarter mile from my door, I do a loop up the street and back down through a nearby neighborhood to get there. The loop is about two miles and I call it the vegetables before the dessert of getting to run through the park.
7. I have to run fifteen miles on Sunday. Hopefully the drugs will have done a good chunk of their magic by then. Anybody want to do a slow 15 miles with me?
8. I'm going to try the Mizunos again for this long run. At last Sunday's half marathon I developed a hot spot on the bottom of my left foot. I had to go up to a size ten for these shoes and I think they're maybe a quarter of a size too big. Maybe I need thicker socks. So far I've had a lot less ankle pain with the Mizunos.
9. Realized this morning that it'd been a while since I'd eaten anything resembling fruit in its natural habitat. Today I got OJ and then a Jamba Juice. I need to eat some actual fruit but this should stave off scurvy for another couple of weeks.
10. Still really loving listening to audiobooks when I run. Right now I'm on Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher. Love Harry Dresden, and its James Marsters (aka Spike) who does the audiobooks. A twofer!
11. Can't believe it's already almost Labor Day weekend. I wonder if there are any good TV marathons this weekend... Hmm, not really. M*A*S*H marathon on Monday, that's about it.
12. Which reminds me. The Cougs kick off their 2012 season tonight!
13. Got any good plans this weekend? I'm defrosting ground beef to BBQ burgers. That's about it for me.