Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wrapping up a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Portland

Hello to all the new followers -- thanks for reading :)

Although my training plan for the past week had to go by the wayside thanks to a particularly persistent case of the ick that is still lingering, I did get out today for a five mile run with the CBS dog.



This was her second only run, but she did really well.  She only tried to kill herself once, and me once.  My shoulder is tired from muscling her in to me close enough so that she wouldn't dodge suddenly in front of bicyclists (her suicide attempts).  She had a LOT of energy -- pretty good for a 15 year old dog.  On the way back, she was running in a better position so that no one would trip over her, but then she was more easily distracted by sights and smells.  She spotted kayakers on the river and that's when she nearly killed me.  It's not so bad for her to cut across me, except that she doesn't do it with a forward momentum.  Instead, she stops and then cuts back to our right.  I nearly fell over her and my momentum nearly punted her off the path into the river. 







It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon in Portland.  Unfortunately for the marathoners, it was POURING for the race this morning.  But by 1:00 the sun was out and it was temperate and dry.  CBS and I did a nice easy run and then she cooled her feet in the river.




I was tempted to join her -- curse my pasty white complexion!



By the time we got back to the car, I was worried I'd broken the dog, but after a few licks to her feet she was ready for our next adventure.



The training for this week:

Monday:  Rest.

Tuesday:  Three miles.
Wednesday:  Rest.
Thursday:  Three miles.
Friday:  Three miles or cross train.
Saturday:  Rest.
Sunday:  Three miles.

Boy, am I happy about that rest day tomorrow!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I run with my dog as well. The farthest she has gone with me is 12 miles. It took her a bit to get the hang of it, but I keep her on a really short retractable leash to keep her from running in front of me. I love running with her. It always looks like she is smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with your dog! I can't get over how much our dogs look alike. And there is hardly anything cuter than a wet dog after a fun day!

    ReplyDelete