Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Thursday Drive-By

Hello all you cilley folks!  I've got a nifty little blog post planned but just can not find the time or the energy to put it all together.  So I thought I'd drop in real quick to let you know that I am still alive and that there are good things to come.  Work is crazy and I still have the ick, which is now doing its best to drown me in my own nasal lubricant (a much better term than "snot", yes?). 

I did go run three miles on Tuesday as per the training schedule and plan to go after work tonight as well.  I'm supposed to go in the mornings before work -- I hate having to shower multiple times in a day -- but with the ick I'm not sleeping well and it's nearly impossible to overcome my early-morning zombie-like state right now.  I did think about getting up at 6:00 a.m. this morning.  Actually at 6:00 a.m. I thought about this.  But I did not.  Because I have the ick.

Which reminds me.  Last November I joined a gym with an indoor track.  It used to be a YMCA and it is being renovated into an Allstar Fitness.  The renovations are desperately needed.  I was there a lot between January and April and the renovations were slow but moving along.  I last went to said gym in April.  In the six months since, know what they've done?  Put the mirrors back up and the hair dryers back out in the ladies' locker room.  That is IT.  I'm getting a little cranky given I pay somewhat higher gym dues in anticipation of it being a fancy-schmancy gym.  I would like very much if they would get their shit together and FINISH THE REMODEL so that I can get what I pay for. 

I am off to sush.  Because I have the ick.  If I do make it to the gym after work tonight, there will probably be Burger King involved after that.  Because I have the ick.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. Having the ick really does allow you the freedom to have whatever you want! When I have the ick it isn't Burger King I want, being a vegetarian and all .... I always end up at the Fred Meyer deli loading up on mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. Mmmm. Sounds so good right now!!

    ReplyDelete