Saturday, October 16, 2010

Braaaains..... braaaains.......

Full on sick ick is back :(  I had high hopes that I would only need to skip Thursday's run and that I could do 4 miles on Friday and 5 miles on Sunday and still end the week with my mileage on plan.  But no.  Well, I haven't completely given up on a long run for tomorrow but I'm little more than a lump on the sofa today. 

So instead I will take the opportunity to acknowledge the wonderful award I received from One Crazy Penguin


Thank you!!!!  My cilley readers know I'm all about supporting the slower runners among us, those who understand what it means just to cross the finish line, and she does an awesome job of this so please give her a read :)

The rules on the award:  (1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award, (2) share seven things about yourself, and (3) pass the award on to other bloggers you know are fabulous.   Here goes...

1.  I love college football, although given that I am the type of person to pick up a new book and read the ending first, I only watch my own college team (Go Cougs!!) because I can't stand the suspense otherwise.

 
2.  I have a thing about time.  I love clocks and calendars.  I have something like eight clocks throughout my home and get at least five calendars every new year.  Something about the reliable passage of time comforts me -- that no matter what is going on, a minute is always 60 seconds, and so forth.  It may feel like it takes forever but it is always the same for everyone.  Time:  the great leveler.



3.  I like having pedicures and manicures but I hate the actual process of getting them.  I grit my teeth as they file my nails.  I flinch as they pumice the soles of my feet.  I wince as they trim my cuticles.  It's getting to the point where I start to have an anxiety attack when I go in to get one.  But I love the end result.



4.  My favorite color is twilight, that bluish/lavender color of a summer sky after the sun has gone down but before the moon has risen.  I want to paint my bedroom that color but I still haven't found precisely the right shade. 


5.  I alphabetize all of my books, CDs, and movies, and then I put them in chronological order if applicable (like with a movie trilogy).  How else can you find what you are looking for?  I love that my DVR does this for me.


6.  My first car when I turned 16 was a 1977 MGB, just like the one in the poster below.  My dad and I did a lot of work on it over the years.  Eventually I had to sell it because I didn't have the money to fully restore it and I couldn't drive it when it wasn't 100% reliable. 


Some day I want to restore another MG or maybe something like a Morgan below.  The MG is probably more practical; either way, it would be fun.


7.  I can't play those video games where you're driving a car or things like that.  I have vertigo and being in that first-person position makes me nauseous and dizzy.  I have to constantly fight to keep a fixed point of reference or it will overwhelm me.  And the ones where it's a stand up video game with the gas pedal and the actual wheel and stuff?  Forget about it.  On the other hand, if they gave points for running off the road and wiping everything out that isn't on the game course, I'd be high scorer every time.




Now, on to passing along the award!  I hereby bestow this Versatile Blogger Award on....

The Devil's Starchy Fingers -- who's getting married!!

Running on Purpose -- who finally got to complete the Portland marathon!!

Mama's (soon to be) Fit Life -- who's having a baby!!
Life in Production -- who keeps doing it day after day !!

Baby Weight My Fat Ass -- who just pulled off an amazing marathon finish in Chicago!!
I'm off to hold down the couch some more, maybe I'll even get really crazy and shower.  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments:

  1. hope youre having an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyy!

    Thanks so much - this is my first blogger award and you just *totally* made my day!

    I shall endeavor to fulfill the award requirements forthwith.

    In the meantime, get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an alphabetical organizer, too! Except with my movies I have Blu Rays together, then animated, and then regular movies. TV on DVD is on its own too. OMG, I'm feeling so anal right now.

    Congrats on your award!!

    Now start feeling better. Get rid of the ick!

    ReplyDelete