Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goals for the Week of October 4 and Big Cash Prizes!!!

I'm on the Dread Laptop Keyboard so I haven't put together a post of all the junk that has been running through my head lately.  Among other things, I've been so worried about insomnia, I can't sleep ;)

Half marathon training starts this week.  (I can tell, because I've had a sore throat for several days.)  Here are my goals for the week of October 4:

Monday:  Rest.  (Love a training plan that starts with a rest day!)

Tuesday:  Three miles. 

Wednesday:  Rest.

Thursday:  Three miles.

Friday:  Cross train.

Saturday:  Rest.

Sunday:  Three miles.

I plan to add another day of cross training in there after I get used to getting up at the butt crack o'dawn to go to the gym.  I'm thinking in week 3. 

In other news, yesterday was the Fall Finale 5K.  I was up for it mentally but my legs were like rocks -- consequences of the aforementioned sore throat and not running a step since the last race I did.  I did run the whole thing, however, just very very slowly:  official time 0:42:50.   When I did this same course in January, my time was 0:39:49 and in my last race I was just over forty minutes so I think it's the getting/being sick that affected me more than anything.  I was exhausted by the smallest thing for the rest of the day and still feel like I'm dragging today.

Turns out the prize for winning my running league division was $75.00!!!!  How cool is that?  I definitely want to sign up again next year, and I encourage any Portland area runners to think about joining too.  I really had a great time with it, and the cash didn't hurt either :)

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

4 comments:

  1. $75?!? Wow, I'd run a 5K for that ;-)
    I was drawn here by your blog title (love it); but which half are you training for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just changed my blog title to reflect what I'm moving towards now. Not only do I want a sexy back, I want my sexy back!

    I am training for the Holiday Half here in Portland on December 12. It is the first year for this race and it just sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HeY! :-)

    I was at the Fall Finale, and I finished in about 45 mins, so I sure wasn't far behind you at all!

    I wanted to do the Holiday Half myself, but didn't get to registering in time...oh well. Still coming off of Portland Marathon - now *that* was an experience!

    Sounds like we're not too far apart in pace - we should run together sometime!

    (btw, in case you're interested - and ironically enough - I followed you over here from Jack Sh*t....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jules! I remember seeing you at the Fall Finale -- how ironic that we "meet" up through Jack Sh*t! Yes, we should definitely go running together - it would be great to get a running partner that has the same pace I do :)

    ReplyDelete