Friday, January 25, 2013

Whole30 Challenge: Day ???

I'm not sure what day I'm on but it's getting close to being over!

Still sticking with the Whole30 Challenge.  I cheated on Tuesday with some white potatoes.  I wasn't feeling well and that was what I wanted (homemade hash browns), and I figured that out of everything I could cheat with, white potatoes were probably the least detrimental.  I may have some tonight too. 

Despite feeling fairly fantastic, I'd been headachey, sniffling, sneezing, and coughing yet again.  Not a cold, but my sinuses.  Yet again.  My regular doc was booked so I saw a guy I hadn't been to before.  Who turned out to be paleo and knew all about Whole30.  He recommended that I not do antibiotics during a Whole30 and instead that we treat this more like a cold.  So I got real sudafed, cough syrup with codeine, and another cough med called Tessalon which would be the coolest sci-fi name.  The idea was to knock back the annoying symptoms so that my body could focus on healing.  And it seems to be working.  This was Tuesday; I took a mental health day on Wednesday, got some extra sleep, and in general just took it easy with both mind and body.  By yesterday I was feeling tremendously better.  The annoying little wheeze in my lungs is gone, my sniffles are nearly gone, and I'm not sneezing. 

I did find out that they weren't kidding about not taking the cough meds and driving.  I only took Tessalon because when I was home doing nothing it didn't seem to affect me that much.  Halfway to work yesterday I realized I was seriously loopy.  Oopsie!

I'm really looking forward to a weekend where there's nothing I need to do.  Sounds like a good time to curl up on the couch with a blankie, some kittehs, and the remote.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. I don't comment much, but I enjoy reading your posts. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    http://redhairandrunningshoes.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete