Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thirteen Things Thursday: The Urban Legend Hodge Podge Edition

1.  Been having fun discussing various freaky things with my coworker today.  I was talking about how I don't even like to go into rivers or lakes anymore because:  sharks.  She had to google it.  I totally know where to avoid meeting up with sharks.  Basically, water.  Even shallow water.

2.  Then we somehow segued into the dangers of licking envelopes.  Or eating at Taco Bell.  A toss up, really. 

3.  Did you know Mr. Ed was not a horse?  Of course!

4.  I've always liked this one, which is an urban legend.   I can't speak for all atheists, but generally speaking I just want religious folks -- by which I mean those of the Westboro Baptist Church ilk -- to get a clue.  No, I don't mean I want them to become atheists.  Although, that would be fun.  But rather, live and let live.  Life's too short for that kind of crap. 

5.  Anyhow.

6.  This was actually in my Property textbook in law school.  May be fake, but always enjoyable. 

7.    I'm bored with urban legends.  Time for the Unalaska police blotter!  Note the last three entries....

8.  And who could resist clicking on the 'Ode to a Dead Salmon' fetid-writing finalists selected link?  Cleary, not me.  Complete with photo!

9.  "Airline employee requested assistance with an intoxicated woman who was not causing a disturbance. Officers responded and spoke briefly with the suspect, an intoxicated woman who was not creating a disturbance."  Reminds me of Ron White's drunk in public bit. 

10.  I guess I should mention how training is going. 

11.  That's about all I have to say about that.

12.  But if all goes as planned, I'll be running today, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday.  Sunday evening, I die.  Or have the next of three rounds of company begin.  It's a toss up, really. 

13.  Are you still watching the Olympics?  I have to say, after watching the live streaming video for a couple of days I have a hard time focusing on the U.S. primetime coverage.  Last night, it was on the gold medal match for womens' beach volleyball.  Forever.  You know, the match where both teams were from the U.S.?  Gosh, do you think the U.S. will win gold in this one?  Switch back to track and field already!

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. #2 scares me. No, not poop. I mean #2 on the list ... 1 - I hate licking envelopes. I'm uber paranoid. and 2 - Taco Bell and I do NOT get along. First visit they gave me the grossest rubbery looking quesadilla with green slimy crap in it. I wouldn't take a bit. Second visit MANY years later I am pretty sure I got food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete