Monday, April 23, 2012

No more frump!

Hello everyone!  Did you get hot weather too?  We went from about 40 to about 80 this weekend.  Crazy!  I slept in a good part of Saturday, had a major sleep deficit going on apparently, but I did get out and about. 

Last week I decided I needed to make over my wardrobe -- been feeling much too frumpy plus everybody at work dresses up except me -- so I went to the thrift store to see what I could find.  And I scored big.   Seven pairs of slacks -- including one Calvin Klein and one Anne Klein -- three skirts, and three pairs of shoes (alligator loafers in a deep, deep red; ivory slingback flats; and a nearly new pair of Teva sandals, they're somewhat mandatory in certain circles in Oregon, they're usually $60 and I got them for $7.99).  All that for around $110. 

I also went to Sears and got a sage green crocheted shrug, a navy cardigan, two tank tops to wear under them, some and nylons and some tights, and two pairs of capri pants (one loden green, one black) that I can wear to work or for play.  That trip was about $60 in the end, because they forgot to take the ink tag off the cardigan.  Apparently Sears' policy is that if they forget to take it off, you get the item for free to compensate for the inconvenience.  Shame that the cardigan was on sale for $26, marked down from $70; that would've been a total score!

Today I wore the sage green shrug over a beige tank top and one of the skirts I got for $3.50.  The nylons I already had (in a lovely shade of corpse) and the shoes too, a black snakeskin pointy toe with silver accents.   I still have that ferret around my middle so not entirely the silhouette I wanted but I'm working on it.



Sunday I mowed the forest in my yard -- only plugged up the mower once -- and did some general clean up back there.  I also ended up getting a new, slightly larger BBQ as my last one succumbed to the elements.  Only made one error and got one flesh wound putting it together.  It was great to be able to grill again. 

How was your weekend? 

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! And so economical!

    I removed the jungle in my yard as well. It took TWO different lawnmowers to get it done, but finally it is flat now!

    AND I only cried once all weekend! Go me! ;) Well then once more when I saw my first best friend in life passed away - but that one I think gets me a pass.

    ReplyDelete