Friday, March 18, 2011

ABCs of Me

I'm tired of feeling like I'm the one who does ALL of the work at my office -- a gripe for another post -- so I thought I'd cheat and do this meme.  Never sure if it's pronounced to rhyme with Jem, but for this one I'll go with "mee mee".

(A) Age:  40.

(B) Bed:  Queen.  A good thing since I share it with a big dog who never stays completely on her side of the bed.

(C) Chore You Really Dislike:  It's a toss up between mopping and dusting.  Dusting because you always knock the shit over you're trying to dust and it turns into a big production.  Mopping because it seems like it should be a lot easier than it is.

(D) Dogs:  Two.

(E) Essential Start Your Day Item:  Diet coke.

(F) Favorite Color:  The bluish-purple of twilight.

(G) Gold or Silver?  Silver or white gold.

(H) Height:  5'8".

(I) Instruments You Play:  I can muddle my way through a smidge of clarinet, flute, piano, and guitar.  But just a smidge.

(J) Job Title:  The One Who's Always Here, Doing the Actual Work, While the Clueless People Who Make Way More Money than I Do Are Off On Vacation A-FUCKING-GAIN.

(K) Kids:  Only in observation.

(L) Live:  Portlandia, Orygun.

(M) Mom's Name:  It's not "Mom"?

(N) Nicknames:  A shortened version of my first name.  Also, SandraDee, Micky, HoneyBunny, and now the CilleyGirl.

(O) Overnight Hospital Stays?  Other than maybe when I was a day old, none.

(P) Pet Peeve:  Clueless people who make way more money than I do who are always taking time off when there is work that needed to be done yesterday.

(Q) Quote from a Movie:  "I killed the President of Paraguay with a fork.  How've you been?"

(R) Right or Left Handed?  Right.  I am the least ambidextrous person ever.

(S) Siblings:  I have a half brother.  He clearly takes after the family that is not related to me.

(T) Time You Wake Up?  Any time after the snooze alarm has been doing for about an hour.

(U) Underwear:  Under there!

(V) Vegetable You Dislike:  Onion, green peppers, actual tomatos (sauce is good).  Many, many others I regard with suspicious.  Like eggplant.  It seems confused. 

(W) What Makes You Run Late:  Going to work.  I'm on time for every thing but the office.  Freud would probably have something to say about that.

(X) X-Rays:  Pretty much all of me at one point or another. 

(Y) Yummy Food You Make:  Eggs benedict.

(Z) Zoo, Favorite Animal:  Sea otters.
 
Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments:

  1. Jem, she's truly outrageous. Truly truly truly outrageous.

    I don't know how it is pronounced either. I first saw the word "meme" typed from a former friend that I just cannot stand. Now I hate the word. My dislike is only exacerbated by the fact that I have no idea how to pronounce it!

    Sea Otters are just the cutest!!
    And co-workers in general pretty much suck. At least mine do. Working with robots is really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so going to do this too! How fun! Also I agree that it's frustrating feeling like you're the only one working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Diet Coke and Gross Pointe Blank! Two of my favorite movie quotes are from Cusak films: "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen" and "go downhill really fast. If something gets in your way....turn!"

    ReplyDelete