Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tagged!

I was tagged today by Jenna Renee at The "Almost" Attorney with a meme.  Good timing too, because while I did make the time this morning to download my race expo pictures I put them in the wrong section of The Cloud and consequently can't get at the damn things to write my expo recap. 

Anyhow.  Here are the rules.

You must post these rules.

Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her. No tag backs and you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people.

Eleven Things About Moi

1.  On Monday I subscribed to the 2012-13 season of Broadway Across America.  Shows are Memphis, Book of Mormon, War Horse, Flashdance, Rock of Ages, and The Addams Family.  I'm fairly meh about War Horse, which means someone I know will be getting a War Horse ticket as a Christmas gift (you can start submitting your request/bribes now).  Tuesday I saw a trailer for the Rock of Ages movie, really psyching me up to see these shows.  Isn't that Tom Cruise in the trailer?

2. When I was young, I would listen to Carly Simon's That's The Way I Always Heard It Should Be and took it as further proof that as a woman you shouldn't do things just because that's how it's always been done. I think now if people ask me why I'm not married and/or don't have kids, I'll play that song for them.  Plus if I never get married and never have kids, I'm never going to die

3.  My stepdad is a long-time friend of one of the 1990 recipients of the Nobel Prize in Medicine.   I used to mix his drinks when he'd come over to play poker or have dinner.  His son is the author of several fabulous books about Labrador Retrievers as well as a bunch on fishing, etc. 

4.  The last time I had a conversation about Great Penises I Have Known and Loved was Saturday.  You're welcome.   

5.  I am weirdly hooked on that My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding reality show.  It's sad.

6.  Despite growing up in the Seattle area, I never drank coffee until about six months after I moved to Portland in the mid-90s.  The lobby of my building had a Starbucks.

7.  I have never seen E.T. or The Goonies.  I really have no desire to do so either.

8.  I thought tea was the most disgusting thing until about four years ago when I went to a tea house owned by an ex-pat.  Now I drink it fairly frequently.  Still can't stand ice tea though. 

9.  The first concert I ever went to was Rick Springfield, circa spring 1983.  The first concert I ever went to without a parent (mine or anyone else's) was Bryan Adams, circa fall 1984. 

10.  My great great great ....... great uncle was a signatory to the Declaration of Independence:  Stockton from New Jersey.  Pretty much the only guy who caught shit for signing.  When he lost everything, was thrown in jail, probably tarred and feathered for all I know, it was my great great great ....... great grandfather who bailed him out.  Which I guess makes my great great great ....... great grandfather a Torey sympathizer.  Yay?

11.  I think I am the only person who didn't know Jillian Michaels was gay.  Seriously, found out just this morning.  And half of me thinks it makes total sense while the other half is realizing that apparently I've always thought of Jillian Michaels as Pat.

Now on to Jenna's Questions.

1. What is/was your favorite subject to study?

Besides Great Penises I Have Known and Loved?  *snerk*   I loved history.  I was >< this close to getting a minor in college.  Like one or two classes away or something like that.  But I didn't realize it until after it was too late to get those classes in.

2. What is your favorite season of the year and why?

Fall.  Always always always fall.  I love those clear, crisp days where maybe you need a sweater but not really, and the sky is so blue.  All the leaves are changing colors.  Plus it's the time for my favorite holiday (Halloween) and my birthday. 

3. Do you watch reality tv? If so, which shows?

I try not to because I can't stand the genre but sadly I do watch some.  The aforementioned My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Storage Wars, the occasional Biggest Loser.   But I never plan to watch it.  Some times I turn them on just for background noise when I'm doing something else like reading a book. 

4. If you could have ANY career in the world, what would it be? Is that different than your actual career?

I would be a successful writer of fiction.  It has many things in common with my actual career.

5. Is it better to have a few close friends or lots of "friends"? Why?

I prefer to have a few close friends.  Right now I have three people in the bestest friend category (one of which I've been best friends with since we were 15), one who is getting pretty close to that status, and one that I'm getting to know better.   I am still in touch with a lot of people with whom I was close to growing up but life has gotten between us; they're still good friends, as opposed to mere acquaintances or "people that I know" but I don't really have to put effort into the friendships to maintain them. 

6. What is your favorite song?

I can't think of any one song I love more than any other.  My favorite songs tend to be ones with lots of piano and sax.  Like Jim Steinman songs, all dramatic and crashing.  You know how on Glee recently they did Paradise by the Dashboard Light?  The other song Rachel sang, It's All Coming Back to Me, was also written by Jim Steinman.  Total Eclipse of the Heart is also a Steinman song. 

7. What/who is your favorite band/singer?

I'd have to say Fleetwood Mac.  The Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks incarnation.  Listening to them right now actually.

8. What is your favorite sport to play? To watch?

Baseball for both.

9. Who is your favorite designer?

I am so the wrong person for that kind of question.  I'll go with a classic, Bob Mackie.  "I saw it in the window and couldn't resist!"  I plan to visit that dress in the Smithsonian this fall.   I wonder if maybe Cher's dress is there too?



10. What TV show would you want to be on and why?

I want to be on CSI:Miami.  Because I want to beat Eric Delko's skull into jelly with a sledgehammer.   But now it's cancelled so I guess I'd want to be on NCIS.  Because I want to beat Tony DiNozzo's skull into jelly with a sledgehammer.   Loathe those characters, loathe those actors. 

11. When is your birthday?

October 27.  I kind of wish I could've held out until Halloween but close enough. 

I'm going to have to do a second post to tag eleven others and make up eleven questions.
Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. Blog post of the year RIGHT HERE!!

    I am DYING of laughter. I can't believe our Saturday night conversation made it here not once, but twice!! Woohoo!! Next time we hang out - with alcohol - we have to pick up where we left off!!

    I freaking LOVE Total Eclipse of the Heart. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete