Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How many times have you watched The Lord of the Rings movies?

That's appropo of nothing except that I'm listening to it on cable yet again.  I'm also typing this as I lay nearly comatose on the sofa.  Between yesterday and today I've worked more than 22 hours.  And not really gotten to eat anything during that time.  Yawn.  And coma

But for those of you playing the home game, I did get my raise settled.  We comprised at a 25% increase and an additional week of paid time off, although the latter changed from x weeks of vacation with whatever sick leave to just four weeks total time off.  I told my boss I'll probably now get pneumonia or break a leg. 

The pay increase is retroactive back to November 1.  By mid month I'll have that back pay and by the end of February I'll have a bonus as well.

I had planned to take this Friday off and go to the beach for two days.  But now I've racked up enough overtime, with almostly certainly more to come, that now I'm loath to take Friday off and lose that overtime pay.  Particularly since now it would be at the higher salary.  Plus I'm worried something might come up with the trial exchange that is causing all the late hours this week, plus my temp secretary would be the only person in the office whatsoever on Friday.  And then now the airfares to my grandparents have gone up so I need to reschedule that trip as well.  Long story short, I'm going to take a four day weekend with Monday and Tuesday off (after our big deadline has passed), and then take another four day weekend towards the end of February/beginning of March to visit my grandparents.  At which time my boss will be in town and he can suffer while I am gone

Tomorrow also marks the beginning of a month long challenge I am undertaking in conjunction with the fabulous Miss Vi over at I Miss My Collar Bone.  She should have a more detailed description about it up tomorrow and I'm near coma, but basically I will be going grain, legume and processed sugar free for the month.  We're also keeping a food log and taking fish oil every day and then there's this thing with water and hey the Ents are really opening a can of whupass on Sarumanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. I am exhausted just reading this. How on earth are you still functioning??

    So happy about that raise. Finally!!

    ReplyDelete