Last Friday I had my annual at the doctor's and we went over all the exciting life events I've had over the past few months. Long story short, I got a new prescription sleep aid. It apparently began as an antidepressant with a muscle relaxer component but it sucked because it made people too sleepy to function. Doctors have been prescribing it as an off-label remedy for insomnia and now it's been re-released specifically for insomnia.
You learn something new every time here at CilleyLand, don't you?
Anyhow, it works fabulously when I don't have to go to work the next day. When I do have to go to work -- i.e., as when my stress level rises because of unresolved issues at the office -- not so much. It gets me about halfway there but I still need something extra to fall asleep.
But finally being able to sleep Friday and Saturday nights left me full of productivity. Just look at what I accomplished this weekend:
- Ran a 5K race.
- Had a post-race breakfast with friends.
- Got my car serviced (long overdue, it's a very happy car now).
- Went to the library.
- Returned my recyclables ($12.50 back in bottle deposits!).
- Did the grocery shopping.
- Did all the laundry (and put it away that same day, a bonus).
- Cleaned the kitchen.
- Made pulled pork in the crock pot.
- Recycled all the newspapers.
- Sorted through all of the miscellaneous papers, the stuff you get in race packets and swag bags, recipes, etc., piled up on the kitchen table.
- Made deviled eggs (and sadly used a little too much mayo/mustard so they weren't very good).
- Made my lunch for Monday.
- Repotted all the houseplants.
- Figured out why my jasmine plant keeps drowning (didn't punch out the drainage holes in the pot), fixed the pot and repotted the plant.
- Cleaned the deck.
- And let's not forget I watched some TV.
We lucked out on weather for Saturday's Resolution Run 5K. After being flooded out of the original venue and moving the race to Cook Park -- my nemesis course, as you all well know -- Saturday morning was (mostly) dry and beautiful. Still overcast and I got rained on a teensy bit about two minutes from the finish, but otherwise perfect running weather. And despite it being my nemesis course, and with a wicked case of PMS (which meant sore boobies at the start of the run), I finished in 0:43:04. Not bad considering I've run once since the end of October. My fastest 5K time in 2011 was 0:40:22 and my 5K PR is from April 2010 at 0:37:09. In January 2011 my 5K time was 0:41:46 (coming off probably a two month running hiatus) and in January 2010 it was 0:39:49.
Hey! Just learned that I placed in second in my age/gender group for this race. Out of four other women my age. I think I should've gotten a medal for that. By the way, did I mention earlier that everyone who participated in this race got a medal just for doing it? (Actually, just for picking up your packet but we'll downplay that part.) I need to get a medal hanger soon....
They got a great photo of me at Saturday's race. And I'm going to post it here because it's a great photo of a horrible me.
I believe my ferret has turned into a young anaconda. I weighed in this morning at 204.4 lbs, which is the most I have ever seen on the scale. Compare this photo to this one taken in August 2009:
Or this one from August 2010:
Since then, however, I have swelled. It is sad. Perhaps the young anaconda ate the ferret?
I do have a plan in place to turn the anaconda back into a ferret (ooh, regurgitated ferret) and then into a field mouse. Stay tuned...