Sunday, September 26, 2010

What a wonderful world this could be

Checking in with all my cilley fwends!  I had the oddest weekend, full of quite the amazing and the unexpected and then ending with maybe the unfortunately expected.  I can't really elaborate more than that since it's just not me that was involved, but I will say that when you've been single for a long time and you're good with that, you tend to forget that deep down you might be lonely.  Maybe really lonely.  So, stuff happened this weekend that reminded me of that and since nothing else has changed now I'm trying to put it back into its box. 

I like being single, I really do, but sometimes I wish I could find someone who wants to keep me.  Just for a little while. 

Anyhow.  Enough of that crap. 

I registered for my last two races of 2010, the four mile Turkey Trot at the zoo that I also did last year (hope they have a better tech tee this year) and a new race, the Holiday Half.  Yes, I've signed up for a half marathon for December 12, thereby guaranteeing a crappy, wet winter in Portland.  Sorry everyone. 

I've been needing a goal to get me back into running, and this half will be it.  I kind of have a time goal.  I ran the Race for the Roses half in over three hours and didn't feel like it was a good effort at all.  So I'm aiming for my original half goal of 2:45 for this race.  Hey, at least if it is crappy and wet I'll run faster just to get it done, right?  Right???

I have 31 more days until I turn 40, and my birthday is always more of my new year's than the end of the calendar year.  I've been thinking about what I want to do and be in the upcoming year.  I know that more than anything I want to break out of this fat, ugly prison I'm in.  Then maybe I'll have the confidence to get out there and make some friends.  Be a little less lonely all the time.

Still cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment