Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Wah-Wah Wednesday

I have no idea what that title means.  Maybe it should be "Wah-Wah-Wah", you know that "oh, poor sad sack" noise they'd make on the old TV shows.  And with Screech on Saved by the Bell. 

I feel fairly sad sacky.  Tired tired tired no matter what, plus a couple of pounds have snuck on over the past few days with definitely no incentive for them to do so.  When you add in my bleary, achy, itchy eyes I think it's a stuffy sniffer that is giving me trouble.  Did you know that a stuffed nose leads to less oxygen as you sleep which leads to poor, unrestful sleep which then leads to insomnia?  I haven't hit the insomnia stage yet, knock on my big wooden skull, so it's back to Benedryl for me.

And no, I have no idea what's up with all the alliteration.  I may be heading for a psychotic break or something.

My boss was in for a few hours today, first time we've seen him all week.  He's sad but doing okay all things considered.  If you read or watch the Portland news and saw the story about the man who drowned near the Sellwod Bridge last Friday, that was my boss's brother.  His brother has always had health problems (at least in the seven years I've been here) so we all expected he might not live out all of his years because of that, but nothing like this.  I feel so sad for his family.

Anyhow, in other news there isn't much.  Did grocery shopping Monday night and managed to stick to paleo foods.  Until the cinnamon rolls.  Those are paleo, right?   Either way, they are gone now.  Tonight I would very much like food to magically show up at my house, all cooked and ready to go.  But unless my dogs have sprouted opposable thumbs since this morning, that's not going to happen.  Sad part is, I tell myself I should just go get something to eat and whatever, yet nothing sounds good.  Have you ever done that?  Decided to eat something really crappy -- or not even that crappy, just something outside of your norm -- and then you can't think of anything you want to eat?  Yet a zillion possibilities pop into your mind when you're just trying to drive home to your rabbit food dinner. 

Ah well, I'll think of something. 

I hope everyone is out there experiencing the zest and verve for life that I seem to have temporarily misplaced.  Have a little for me, will you?



Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment