Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Quest for a Tastier Breast: The Thirteen Things Thursday Edition

1. And how many hits will that title generate? Let's find out!

2. In addition to my lack of interest in bananas, chicken breasts aren't generating any excitement either. At least the ones that I cook; if somebody else made it or if it's in some sort of nugget or strip form, it's still tasty. So of course I decided to buy 40 lbs of fresh, boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I picked up this morning. Now I'm on the hunt for new recipes so that I can actually enjoy the chicken.

3. This morning I had an urge to run a 5K race this weekend. But sadly, nothing much going on in Portland itself on Saturday and I've got a noon appointment so racing in Vancouver or Salem is out. And then nobody scheduled any races for Sunday. I don't understand why. Something to do with "fathers" apparently.

4. My Saturday appointment is with my new chiropractor. My first appointment was last night and she spent two hours with me, if you can believe that. Turns out she runs, her one (and she says only) marathon was the 2011 Portland Marathon, although it's her husband who is the marathoner. She did a lot of trigger point therapy, which in layman's terms means poking deep into my ouchie muscles with a finger or too. My low back feels fantastic today though. Oh, and that spot where I thought I had a deep muscle tear from Shamrock, where my hamstring meets the glutes, is likely just a very very tight muscle.

5. An odd consequence of last night's chiropractic session is that this morning I woke up feeling like every single bit of liquid ever in my head was draining. When I walked in to work this morning, I was immediately told I looked tired. Probably because my eyes and face were all puffy and swollen from fluid drainage. I think my lymphatic system is all fucked up. That's my next piece of cyberchondria I think. I'm doing (and looking) better now but so far today I've had dashi broth, green tea, water, and part of a diet coke.

6. Even if you don't live in the area you've probably heard about the big ass dock that washed up on the Oregon coast recently after floating here from Japan. There is a fascinating story today about the critters that floated here with it. Stuff I'd never think about, because I'm not a marine biologist type person. The slideshow is really nifty.

7. Went out for lunch today with my co-worker and her car ran out of the gas on the way back. I told her I wasn't going to be making out with her. I got all caught up on Facebook while we waited for a third co-worker to bring us fuel. Plus I scored a nice travel mug that somebody had abandoned on the curb.

8. I am happy to report that I feel a lot more like myself these days. Except that might be bad news to those of you who think I'm usually a bitch. Toss up, really.

9. I am so looking forward to the Fourth of July weekend. I'll be in Bend, visiting friends and getting my dog fix in. Plus they're fostering a batch of kittens so I'll get that idea out of my system.

10. Still might get a cat. Or two.

11. Hee! I have to go back and watch this episode.

12. Still annoyed that CSI: Miami was cancelled before my dream of Eric Delko's brutal death was realized. Still watching every single episode in syndication though with the hope that maybe this time he'll just fucking DIE.

13. I never got into the book Pride & Prejudice & Zombies or any others of that ilk, but I am interested in seeing the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer movie. How about you?

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about the Abraham Lincoln movie - other than seeing the poster. But the poster intrigued me a bit. I like dark.

    I need to check out the Japanese dock critters!

    ReplyDelete