This one is all done! I went to the allergist's office today and we talked about exactly what symptoms I've been having. I'll be on a course of antibiotics but also on a heavier round of prednisone. I'm having less problems with mucous and more with inflammation and the prednisone targets the inflammation. Probably going to get a CT scan in 2012 to figure out if there is more than can be done -- maybe surgery -- to stop these sinus infections!
2. Make appointment to visit prospective gym(s).
Not yet, but I got a call out of the blue while I was at the allergist's today from my former gym. They're offering me $29.99 per month for a year to come back -- I was paying $65 a month before. It'd be $39.99 per month after that on a month to month. I do like having the indoor track, it's a convenient distance from the house and office, and I doubt I could beat the price at the other places I was looking at. The other places are much nicer but ideally my old gym will someday finish that remodel.... I may just end up going back to these guys.
3. Tour prospective gym(s).
4. Sign up with gym.
I'm going to pull the trigger on the old gym by next Friday. Then I can cross three things off my list!
5. Rid kitchen of grains, legumes, and processed sugar.
I threw out the leftover brownies last night. I have peanut butter but I never really eat peanut butter anyhow; maybe I'll bring that in to the office for somebody else to eat it. That leaves just one hamburger bun (to be eaten tonight) and a few english muffins (this weekend's breakfast). Then I think I'm all purged...
6. Create workout plan to build base mileage back up.
7. Decide if I want to do marathon or half marathon training for the first half of 2012.
I am signed up for the Portland Rock 'n Roll Half next May. I still hope to do the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2012. Starting to lean towards signing up for the half marathon training....
8. Sign up for either marathon or half marathon training for the first half of 2012.
9. Implement base mileage plan.
10. Start marathon or half marathon training.
11. Take Vitamin D and fish oil supplements.
I started doing this again this week. I really think it helps my mood to be a little sunnier...