Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thirteen Things Thursday

1.  This is my 400th post.  I never seem to shut up, do I?  Thanks for being here for the ride :)

2.  I'm starting to think that the hardest thing about marathon training isn't the mileage, it's that nearly every thing you do starts to become about the marathon.  Should I watch this TV show?  No, it's already 10:00 p.m. and I should be heading off to bed.  Should I make this for dinner?  No, it's kind of a heavy meal and it's already later than I normally eat dinner, better not because I have to run tomorrow.  What should I take for lunch today?  Better add an extra snack because I'm going to be really hungry by mid-afternoon.  Wear these shoes?  My feet are tired from running this morning.   It gets to be more exhausting than running 15 miles a week.

3. Wednesday night I made sweet chili shrimp quesadillas.  I had no idea what to have for dinner.  Well, not true; I wanted sausage and hash browns with gravy, but since I'm almost up to 200 lbs right now I really need to stop eating stuff like that.  At least, only eat it maybe once a month rather than at least twice a week.  So I pulled some peel and eat shrimp out of the freezer and once defrosted sauteed it with garlic salt, onion powder, chili powder, and chili garlic sauce.  Once it started to sizzle I turned down the heat and let it simmer for around ten minutes.  Then in a big skillet with some non-stick cooking spray I put a flour tortilla and topped half of it with shredded cheese and the shrimp.  I then topped the shrimp with Frank's Sweet Hot Chili Sauce.  Once the cheese melts, fold over the tortilla, let it cook for a few seconds so it sticks all together, then cut it into quarters and top with sour cream.  Yum!  It's the first time I've tried that sweet hot chili sauce (picked it up last week with a coupon!) and I really liked it.  It would be excellent with coconut shrimp.

4.  My place looks like a war zone with the siding repair.  They told me yesterday they will be done by Saturday.  Yay!


5.  Like you didn't know that was coming.

6. Lots of other bloggers do a Three Things Thursday.  Three just never seems like enough to me. 

7.  But then sometimes coming up with 13 is hard.  Mainly because I make them tooooo lonnnnnnggggggg.

8.  Successfully completed our third run of the week this morning, but we were definitely feeling that it was the third in four days.  We did count only the half mile walk to the track in our mileage today -- normally one mile total of our runs is walking there and back -- and then finished the mileage on the track.  Then I forgot to turn off my Garmin at 3.0 miles and we walked fairly slowly back to the house so it doesn't show an improvement in our pace.  I think we ended up with an average pace of under 17 minutes for the three miles.

9.  Yay!


10.  I'm kind of running out of things to say.

11.  I have the worst cough right now.  It's irritation  resulting from a combination of post-nasal drip from allergies together with acid reflux.  So, I'm destroying my throat lining both coming and going.  I sound horrible, but I'm not coughing for the normal reasons; when I cough it's mainly to try to itch my throat.  Speaking of coughs, did you hear that whooping cough is going around?  There was a PSA on TV the other night.  And apparently TB is also making a comeback.  What's next, polio?

12.  I just joined Google+.  You can find me under Cilley Girl.  No idea what Google+ even is, but feel free to add me.

13.  Happy Bastille Day!  If you can keep your head when all others around you are losing theirs, then you're probably a peasant.  Or Robespierre.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments:

  1. #5 made me laugh!

    I'm totally with you on that thing where you whole life becomes about the running and training. I'm slacking on that BIG TIME right now, and I don't like it.

    Anyway, I say to celebrate how awesome we will be at the Portland Marathon (& 1/2) we do Darcelle's some weekend after the running is over! I always do my long run on Sunday, so it makes true celebrations on Saturday's hard. Ooh... I might be up there my birthday weekend actually. We'll have to see down the road. But I will be here to help plan our post-run celebrating! And I fully expect Julie to come along with us, too!

    I love Google+ already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete