Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 2 of My Quest for a Smaller Chest AND Hot Marines

Week one is done!

I did all of my runs, rather runningly even, for a total of four runs and 15 miles.  Wowsers.  I can't remember the last time I ran 15 miles in one week where that didn't include a half marathon race. 

Now on to week two!  This week's schedule is 3, 3, 4, and 7 for a total of 17 miles.  And since I am moving bright and early Saturday morning it will be a challenge.  I ended up running in misty rain yesterday to get my five miles done.  With all the garage sale stuff going on over the weekend, it was a challenge to get out there and do it.  Thinking this weekend will be the same.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to let the big strong movers I hired do the majority of the lifting so that I'll be relatively fresh to run Sunday morning.  I really rather prefer long runs on Saturday now but for the next few this schedule is better. 

Did fairly decent at the garage sale.  Got my washer and dryer sold and Jules has a pretty pretty treadmill setup in her garage going on now, plus we had an enjoyable time last night watching her son and husband demolish my entertainment center for the recycle bins.  Had a few boxes of books plus some other items to take to Goodwill, also took five pairs of running shoes down to the main recycle center for the Nike recycling project.  I'm trying to throw away as little as possible in this move while still thinning out the herd of things.  Next up will be purging the closets and dressers for clothes I don't wear or want anymore.  If I have tech tees that I don't like or that don't fit well my mom takes them.  She loves them for working around the ranch since they wick. 

In other news, I got approved for kittehs!


They'll be here Sunday evening, along with my friend S, from Bend.  I'm going to take next Monday off so that I can do some unpacking, hang out with S and the kitties, etc.  Sleep a little, maybe.  I can't wait until I can close the door on the old place (after cleaning) and go start the next chapter in the new one.

Cheers,
the CilleyGirl

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the new pad! I'll bring a framed photo of myself for you to put on the mantel. I'm nice like that!

    In other news, NOT doing the Holiday Half - my family celebrates Christmas that weekend. In OTHER news, like Other I'm Coming to Visit You news, after my 9 mile run Sunday morning I think we're hitting Enchanted Forest and want you to come along! Not sure how that works in your training schedule, or if you are a fan of forests filled with corny enchantment -- but that's the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you had to be APPROVED for kittens? Did I miss a post? Aren't there tons of unwanted felines in this world?

    Congrats on the big move. Looking forward to running and burgers with you (not in that order).

    ReplyDelete
  3. RR, I laughed at the idea of you bringing a framed pic of yourself up -- because I KNOW you'll do it! I have been meaning to frame one of the race pics of you, me and Julie though.

    Kim - you do have to be approved to adopt a pet. They'll ask questions like "Will this be an indoor pet or are you a heartless bastard?" and "Does your landlord allow pets or are you a heartless bastard?" Around Halloween a lot of shelters won't adopt black cats for several weeks leading up to October 31.

    ReplyDelete