Monday, August 31, 2009

I will not quit on Day 3 when Day 2 was a rest day.

I'm working to psych myself up for tomorrow's early rising to run, because I will not quit on Day 3 when Day 2 was a rest day.

Here's what I've got so far:

Day 2 was a rest day, so don't quit, you moron.

As I type this, there is a young woman roughly 15 years younger than me who is running across the United States. Just to inspire others to achieve their goals. She's sleeping in stranger's houses, on their sofas and guest beds and probably even their camp cots and aero beds, to help other people. She can get her ass out of bed to run 17 miles in the middle of nowhere, Kansas, I can get my ass out of bed to run at the track.

Pain is temporary. Pride lasts forever.

What else do I have to do on a Tuesday morning? At least if I lose sleep, I'll be tired tomorrow night. Did I mention I have chronic insomnia? And that it's exacerbated by prednisone? And that I'm currently taking prednisone?

My hip hurts. Get up from your desk chair and stretch, moron.

Sunrise is at roughly 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. My rise will be at roughly 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. I have a flashlight.

There will be chocolate milk and egg mcblankies. (Blankies is my last name, which I'm not posting here since I strive to some semblance of privacy.)

I can have one of the good sugar cookies tomorrow when I get in to work, if I get my butt out of bed at o'dark thirty and RUN.

No one will send me on a cruise to Mexico if I quit on Day 3 after Day 2 was a rest day.

--the CilleyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment